Comentario para el día de hoy...Gracias a todos por pasar por mi blog... GRACIAS POR LEER Y DEJAR COMENTARIOS ABRAZOS!!!!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adianez70. Make your own badge here.

My Webshots

Mi foto
Nombre: Zen
Ubicación: Lugar Bello, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico

Tengo 35 yrs. Estoy felizmente casada y tengo un hijo de 7 yr. Trabajo en Aguadilla, PR y me encanta. Por fin tengo un sentido de pertenencia. Soy "Army Brat". He viajado mucho en mi vida y me encantaria que mi hijo aprendiera de este mundo tambien. Soy bilingue y me expreso como tal. AMO a mi Puerto Rico y haria CUALQUIER cosa por la isla y defenderla de agresores fisicos y/o verbales.

  • Powered by Blogger
  •  Bitacoras.com

22 mayo 2006

A ver...a ver

No se con que pueda empezar en el dia de hoy...it IS monday y no es el dia mas anticipado de la semana. Mi fin de semana fue de puro relajamiento...aparte de la migraña mega cabrona que me dio el sabado no la pase mal. No habia salido de mi casa hasta las 9:00 pm del sabado que fuimos a comprar mantecado para sacar al nene. El domingo fuimos a comprarle calzoncillos a mi hijo...se nos olvida que el esta creciendo y los size 6 que usaba ya no le quedan...el elastico se le entierra un poco y le molesta...no...eso no me hace mala madre pero los nuevo que el tiene no le gustan...ahora quiere usar boxer briefs porque ya, según el, "debo de estar usando calzoncillos como los de papa...tu sabes...ya voy a tener 8 años." Que quiere decir eso??? I don't know. I just keep on looking at him and I can't help grin. He has gotten so cute...and no, I am not saying that because I am his mom.
Despues de comprar los "underwear" we decided to go out to one of the numerous buffets out here in Vegas. We opted for The Cannery, after all it is Raúl Emmanuel's favorite because he doesn't have to wait to eat. As we were sitting there eating our meal I ate silently while listening to everyone talking around me...It made me wonder...Are we really listening to what we are saying or are we just talking for the sake of it? What would happen if we would not just think and keep things to ourselves but rather, as in "What Women Want" (movie by Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt 2000), we could here our most inner thoughts out loud? What numerous amount of insecurities would be out there...how ugly things could get and worst yet, we would be so vulnerable.
As I sat there with my family, concentrating on my food and looking at my husband and my child I really wanted to know what they were thinking, not just ask. If I were to ask I would probably get a "na'...estaba comiendo y no pensando" Pero se deja de hacer una cosa para hacer otra, comemos y pensamos, no solamente en comida sino en cosas al azar, acaso algo que estamos escuchando de la mesa de al lado (no, no estamos "spying") pero we can pick things up here and there. The point is that we are always doing something up in our head...thinking up something, thinking of something and sometimes we have to just quiet it down. It is easier for some of us to quiet the outer flow of words but can't stop that ever perisitent diarreah of thoughts that run through our heads constantly. We should, better yet MUST quiet our thoughts because, although they are ours (and we tend to think that we don't hurt ourselves with thoughts) , they can be just as unproductive and destructive as the words that come out of our mouths. Like my therapist once told me at the peak of my depression..."we are not our brains and we have to stop identifying this organ as the one that defines our sole bieng". We are not our education, we are not our Master Degrees, our PhD's or lack there of...we are more complex than that, and we should recognize that these are just tools and not an identity.

Comments on "A ver...a ver"

 

Blogger Bohemia6 said ... (2:26 p. m.) : 

Gracias por visitarme!!

 

pon tu comentario